Remove "Powered by Shopify"
So, you just started working on your brand new Shopify store, but the "Powered by Shopify" link on the footer makes your website look like an amateur built it.
Luckily for you, it's actually super easy to take it down!
All you have to do is:
1. Go to your Shopify admin, click on "Online Store" on the left menu:
2. In the themes page, click on "Actions" next to your active theme and then click on "Edit Code":
3. In the theme code page, use the search bar on the top left corner to search for "footer.liquid" and click on it:
4. Click ctrl + F on your keyboard, and a search box will open, type in "Powered_by" and delete the lines in which it appears (in some themes it might appear more than once):
5. Click the "Save" button on the top right corner and that's it!
You're good to go, and the "Powered by Shopify" line is gone gone from your credit's line in the footer.
If you'd like to get daily tips and tricks about Shopify + weekly deals on Shopify apps and services, feel free to join our Facebook group: